Centralise Control with an Optimised Wireless Network
Cisco wireless controllers provide the visibility, scalability, and reliability needed for highly secure, enterprise-scale wireless networks. Cisco wireless controllers offer a wide range of benefits to businesses of all sizes. These include:
Cisco wireless controllers reduce operational expenses by simplifying network deployment, operations, and management. Configure wireless policy, management, or security settings at any time through centralized provisioning and management. Respond to organizational growth with the Cisco scale-as-it-grows licensing model, available with all Cisco wireless controllers.
Optimise wireless network performance while lowering costs and increasing operational efficiency. Deploy wireless controllers to help centrally manage, secure, and configure access points throughout the organization.
Flexible Deployment Options
Choose the controller that best suits your deployment:
Small to Medium-Sized Businesses
Take advantage of the Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controllers, Virtual Wireless Controller, and the Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switch with integrated controller to manage wireless functions of your network. These controllers:
- Improve wireless performance of all mobile devices
- Support all Cisco mobility services, including ClientLink, Video Stream, and CleanAir technology
Medium and Large Single-Site Enterprises
Cost-effectively manage and strengthen security for your wireless network with:
- Cisco Wireless Service Module 2 (WiSM2) Controller for Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switch with integrated controller
As one of the industry's most deployed controllers, the 5500 Series Wireless Controller is designed for 802.11n performance, scalability, and optimal uptime.
Roaming capabilities help ensure consistent experience on any smart mobile device with voice and video applications. Alternatively, deploy the Cisco Wireless Service Module 2 (WiSM2) Controller on the Catalyst 6500 Series Switches to help enable system wide wireless functions.
Multi-site Branch Wireless Deployments
Cost-effectively and centrally manage branch deployments with the Cisco Flex 7500 Series Wireless Controller. Its scalability lowers operating expenses by providing the visibility and control needed to manage thousands of wireless branches from a single location. Take advantage of consolidated remote management and avoid deploying extra local controllers at branch locations.
Cisco Unified Access helps to enable a superior user experience for any workspace with one policy, one management, and one network. You can centralize network management with:
Increase security with context-based control and user-specific services with a single source of business policy across wired, wireless, and remote access.
Improve operational efficiency and lower total ownership cost by managing the end-to-end user experience with comprehensive visibility.
Provide industry-leading resiliency, scale, and deployment flexibility with wired and wireless convergence, best-in-class RF, and always-on remote access.
Get More from Your Wireless Network
The Cisco Mobility Services Engine provides:
- Location services for advanced spectrum analysis and the detection and tracking and tracing of rogue devices, interferers, Wi-Fi clients, and RFID tags
- Advanced location services with Mobile Concierge for WLAN monetization and location analytics
- Adaptive Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS) Service for comprehensive, over-the-air threat detection, location, and mitigation
Cisco Wireless Controllers support system wide functions to deliver:
- Flexibility to configure wireless policy, management, or security settings at any time through centralized provisioning and management
- Faster response to business needs by centrally managing wireless networks
- Standardized access point configuration for software versioning
- Wireless intrusion prevention system (wIPS) capabilities
- Network wide quality of service (QoS) for voice and video across wired and wireless networks
- Network wide centralized security policies across wired and wireless networks
- Industry-leading mobility, security, and management for IPv6 and dual-stack clients, equipping administrators for IPv6 troubleshooting, planning, and client traceability from a common wired and wireless management system