Cisco Expressway - Making Collaboration Simple
Cisco Expressway extends all of the features of Cisco Collaboration to users outside your firewall. Cisco Expressway provides simple, highly secure access to all collaboration workloads, including video, voice, content, IM, and presence. We can allow you to collaborate with people who are on third-party systems and endpoints or in other companies. Your remote workers and Cisco Jabber mobile users can work more effectively on their device of choice. Cisco Expressway allows you to do all this and more.
Cisco Expressway - Features and Capabilities
Cisco Expressway is designed specifically for comprehensive collaboration services provided through Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition
, or Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS). It provides established firewall-traversal technology and helps redefine traditional enterprise collaboration boundaries, supporting collaboration beyond your organisation.
Expressway can enable the following use cases:
- Remote, single-sign-on access to all collaboration workloads for mobile users and teleworkers without the need for a VPN client
- Business-to-business and business-to-consumer collaboration
- Cisco cloud connectivity – connects on-premises Cisco and third-party video systems to the WebEx cloud
- Video interoperability with third-party vendors
As its primary features and benefits, Cisco Expressway:
- Offers proven and highly secure firewall-traversal technology to extend your organizational reach
- Deployment flexibility - deploy virtually or as an appliance
- Supports a wide range of Cisco IP phones, Cisco Collaboration Desk endpoints, and Jabber for smartphones, tablets, and desktops
- Complements bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies and policies for remote and mobile workers
- Is standards-based and highly secure
Advanced Gateways for Simple and Secure Collaboration
Cisco Expressway makes collaborating with someone as simple and secure as making a phone call. Tools that enrich interaction such as video and content sharing are normally confined to enterprise locations or to users who are on the same network and breaks down when employees leave the office. Or when they reach out to suppliers, customers, or partners who aren’t using the same system, network, or device. These barriers force employees to use less-productive means such as the phone or email. Meanwhile they miss out on the stronger relationships, faster decision making, and competitive edge that comes with the best forms of collaboration.
Cisco Expressway Series is an advanced collaboration tool that helps solve these problems. It works with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition, and Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) to help make collaboration more universal. The main uses for Cisco Expressway Series include:
- Mobile and remote access: Cisco Expressway makes collaboration as easy outside the enterprise as it is inside by simplifying the end-user experience. Using secure mobile access based on Transport Layer Security (TLS), Cisco Jabber mobile users can access all their collaboration workloads (video, voice, content, instant messaging, and presence) without the extra step of establishing a VPN, making collaboration at home as easy as in the office.
- Cisco Jabber Guest support: Cisco Expressway is integral for enabling Cisco Jabber Guest. Together, using mobile and browser-based collaboration, the two products enable new ways of securely and easily interacting with “guests,” whether they are consumers, other businesses, or even temporary employees.
- Open business-to-business federation: Cisco Expressway also simplifies external collaboration and businesses can securely collaborate with customers, partners, and suppliers and do so as easily as sending an email. No pre-arrangements needed. They can collaborate with partners or customers just as if they shared an office.
- Video interoperability: If your organization already has third-party video systems, Cisco Expressway can help you migrate to Cisco when you’re ready. Cisco Expressway provides video interoperability with standards-based Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) or H.323 systems.