Why You Should Modernise It for Richer Collaboration
Changing your communications system is a significant undertaking and often IT leaders cannot justify the budget required to “fix what isn’t broken.” Your traditional PBX has served you well, is working and continues to be supported and besides you only need it to make a phone call. So there is no need to rock the boat. Only when the equipment becomes end-of-life and the company can no longer find support or spare parts does budget become available. However, those who do move to IP find immediate benefits in employee engagement, increased customer satisfaction, reduced costs, and accelerated innovation and growth. Business leaders are often not aware of the benefits of moving all communications to the same IP platform. A single platform that allows Calling, Meetings and Messaging that is based in the cloud or on-premise to suit your requirements.
Keeping what you have may seem like a safe choice on the surface. However, it may be far riskier to stay with an out-of-date and under performing PBX. The longer you keep your PBX system, the greater your risks and costs, including:
- Losing ground to competitors with superior communications capabilities—your outdated communications reflect on your business and your brand
- System outages and unplanned downtime that harm your business, reputation, and profitability
- Trying to wrestle new functionality from your old PBX is a costly and unending struggle
- Inability to replace critical components as dated technology reaches end of life
- Attrition of in-house expertise required to maintain legacy infrastructure
However, the most potentially damaging issue with your legacy PBX is that it just can’t keep pace with soaring demand for collaborative communications. To excel in today’s fast-paced world, businesses have to communicate and collaborate from anywhere, using any device, on any network in a cost-effective, reliable, and secure manner.
Next Generation Collaboration Experience
There are many reasons to leave an ageing PBX behind and entrust your communications to a system that supports the full range of collaboration services. Here are some of the most critical:
- Extend video capabilities to your employees through a single, unified communications infrastructure from the desktop to telepresence rooms
- Simplify voice systems with unified communications to cut costs and simplify provisioning and maintenance
- Build productivity with comprehensive unified communications to help workers communicate and work more effectively
- Enable mobility with embedded unified mobility software capabilities to keep workers productive wherever they are, with any content type, on any device
- Improve collaboration - simply click to begin an IM session, initiate a phone call, or easily start a video-conferencing call
- Manage communications with a single server: Cisco Business Edition provides medium-sized organisations everything they need for voice, video, mobility, and messaging.
Unifi Communications has 15 years’ experience modernising organisations’ communications infrastructure to activate the full range of collaboration services, including: video, voice, meetings, IM and Presence, messaging, and mobility that Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) has to offer.
Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD)
BYOD helps your organisation create adaptive workspaces that build productivity, business agility, security, and competitive advantage. Cisco Jabber provides a common feature base, regardless of the device or the operating system that is used.
Cisco Jabber empowers IT to offer users a choice of devices to use for their work wherever they work most effective. Use both personal and company-issued mobile devices as a highly secure extension of your enterprise network.
Integrate your Cisco collaboration experience into customer business processes by leveraging Cisco Jabber SDK capabilities. For example, you can see user availability from Sales force web interfaces and initiate IM, voice, video, or conferencing directly.
Mobility provides superior collaboration experiences for effective, anywhere, on any device connectivity. Removing location as a limitation improves your business agility and opens up the possibility for new business opportunities. Enhanced mobility features available include:
- Improved mobility user experience with video calling.
- Get video or participate in a video conference in Wi-Fi and cellular to switch sessions between mobile and desk phones.
- Session resumption capability for Dial via Office Reverse Callback (DVO-R) and Single Number Reach so that end users can call back the final target.
- Consistent user experience for voice-over-IP (VoIP) and cellular modes for mobile devices.
Video is an essential part of effective, natural collaboration. Only Cisco provides the breadth of applications and endpoints to make pervasive video a reality.
- Cisco has the broadest suite of video endpoints to integrate video into the fabric of how you work.
- Cisco has the only business video architecture designed for scale, speed, and reliability.
- Cisco is promoting a new wave of video experiences that change the way we communicate in the home, at work, and when mobile.
- Unified voice and video capabilities on one platform. A Unified Call Control with Cisco Unified Communications Manager is the heart of Cisco collaboration, adding seamless and enhanced support to video endpoints, bringing admin advantages such as a unified dial-plan and features such as shared lines and Extension Mobility.
- Directory Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) dialling extends reach-ability to users and devices by enabling dealing using email addresses.
Business to Business (B2B) / Remote Worker
Collaboration solutions bring people and information together. Improved participation, inside and outside, the organization leads to increased productivity, simplified business processes and improved workflow. Cisco Expressway is the B2B and Remote Worker extension to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and provides the following.
- Secure business-to-business video collaboration outside the enterprise for enhanced communication with suppliers, partners and customers.
- Remote and home-based worker productivity is improved with on-net access to video collaboration, securely without the need for a separate VPN. It supports a range of video endpoints and Cisco Jabber for smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Secure communications through standards-based and secure firewalls is possible for all SIP and H.323 devices.
As the work environment evolves with mobile work styles and device choices, so do the options for using technology to improve your bottom line. You can still improve collaboration while reducing the total cost of IT ownership and adapting more quickly and flexibly to change.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager introduces ways for you to provide significant reductions in IT complexity.
- Virtualized servers help reduce power consumption, rack space, and administration cost to lower the Total Cost of Ownership and improve reliability, scalability, and manageability.
- Unified Call Control brings together voice, video, and data into a single IP network to simplify management, reduce costs, and support effective communications.
- Simplified provisioning and Management. Examples are Enterprise License Manager (ELM) for cost effective licensing, admin integration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service.
- Self-Service provides end users the ability to setup their own phones and manage how they make and receive calls. Examples include speed dial setup across phones, Single Number Reach/Mobility, and Extend & Connect. This frees up administrators from doing all the provisioning and increases end-user satisfaction.
For More Information, contact Unifi Communications for the latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager upgrade offers.