As your business builds it's digital future, the use of cloud technology is an essential part of your digital transformation strategy; especially cloud collaboration. New cloud delivery of advanced collaboration technologies provide seamless, first-class service experiences to everybody, regardless of where they are. Additionally, the cloud model provides customers with low risk deployment, low up-front cost and high quality fast-flowing communication. How (or if) you adopt cloud collaboration, can mean the difference between you continuing to be a player in your industry or watching your more disruptive competitors pass you by.
A report by ISG claims that adopting cloud operations saves companies an average of 38%
The State of the Cloud Calling Market
Globally, the cloud PBX segment is picking up momentum, with analysts projecting a 24% global growth rate of 24% through 2022. This will build on a relatively low current market penetration level of about 12% within businesses with 100 to 1000 users. See Figure 1.
Cloud telephony has been around for several years, but earlier adopters have often been disappointed with low feature capability. Now, newer cloud options, such as Cisco Webex Calling, are more feature rich and are designed to add scalability, reliability and security, along with the sophisticated collaboration feature set that mid-market business require to stay competitive. The cloud is better to address the multi-site, contact centre and mobile connectivity shortcomings of the on-premises options available to mid-market organisations.
Equally important, for many businesses, is the ability to support a cloud migration strategy. A business may not be able to go all-in on the cloud in one step, so the use of a mixed cloud/on premise model is required to perform successful migration. Unifi has experience of supporting a business through this transition and to provide support for a common dial plan, administration and directory model through the process.
The Performance Gap Between Leaders and Laggards
Digital transformation can significantly lower costs, enhance agility and enable organisations to implement technologies and tools that change the way they work. The urgency for business to act comes down to the performance gap between digital transformation leaders and stragglers. Well executed, these strategies are game changers for an organisation. A Harvard Business School study demonstrated the gap between the top 25% “Digital Leaders” and the bottom 25% “Digital Laggards.” Figure 2 shows a gross margin difference of 18% between the leaders and laggards, and concludes, “Digital Transformation has become the new normal.”
- Achieve large enterprise capabilities without the cost and complexity – Up until now, many smaller companies have been at a disadvantage to larger organisations, due to the high capital cost of implementing sophisticated, complex and expensive IT applications, technologies and infrastructures. Cloud calling, collaboration and contact centres change all these by making advanced tools affordable to all.
- Enhance business agility and reduce operational cost and complexity – Cloud calling, and collaboration allows organisations to seamlessly scale users and sites up or down quickly and predictably, with one global solution that can be centrally managed. Precious capital investments are preserved for more strategic business initiatives while operating budgets become more transparent and predictable, without the headaches of managing surprise PBX upgrades and maintenance. And both management and workforce productivity are vastly improved using always-current and accessible cloud collaboration services.
- Increase workforce mobility, productivity and satisfaction – A key issue for today’s multi-site enterprise and mobile workforce is the complexity and expense in deploying, managing, keeping up-to-date and networking multiple on-premises systems that typically range from new to decades old. Employees expect advanced collaboration tools in the workplace – the same tools that they use in their private lives – and these have a dramatic impact in both recruitment and retention. They expect a seamless, global and feature rich collaboration experience across any device, network or channel –calling, messaging, team collaboration, video, etc.
- Strengthen customer journeys and relationships – Customers expect to be able to contact a business whichever way they choose. To stay competitive a company needs to provide an omni-channel – voice, chat, video, IVR, natural language, bot – customer support experience in their contact centres, inbound/outbound sales and service operations. For many businesses, these solutions are mission critical to their customer relationships and business success. Prior to the cloud, sophisticated contact centre solutions that went beyond basic routing and reporting were very expensive and difficult to manage and keep current. The cloud makes the most advanced contact centre technologies accessible for businesses of all sizes without the capital investment and operational complexity.
- Improve business performance and competitiveness – As the Harvard Business School study demonstrates, an organisation's financial performance and business outcomes are vastly improved through strategic digital transformation. Successful transformation projects focus on cost reductions, process improvements, adding organisational agility to respond rapidly to changing environments, and one-to-one, team and customer collaboration.
At Unifi, we can help our business customers successfully implement their cloud collaboration transformation strategies and by reducing the complexity of their transformation journeys. The lack of maturity in cloud solutions no longer exists. Solutions such as Cisco Webex Calling allows our business customers to confidently replace their PBXs and deploy cloud calling and collaboration with a proven enterprise platform that is already serving 29 million business users worldwide. Contact us if you are ready to take the next step.
Get on the Road to Cloud Calling and Collaboration Success
If you are planning migration to cloud calling, please get in touch with us. We offer consistent support throughout this process and seamless migration.